1. What is Apache Solr?
It is a standalone full text search server which applications communicate with using XML and HTTP to index documents, or execute searches. It is used to support a rich schema specification that is used to allow for a wide range of flexibility in dealing with different document fields, and has an extensive search plugin API for developing custom search behavior.
2. Which file contains configuration for data directory?
solrconfig.xml file contains configuration for data directory.
3. Which file contains definition of the field types and fields of documents?
schema.xml file contains definition of the field types and fields of documents.
4. What are the features of Apache Solr?
The features of apache solr are –
- Near real-time indexing
- Standards-based open interfaces like XML, JSON and HTTP
- Flexible and adaptable, with XML configuration
- Advanced full-text search
- Linearly scalable, auto index replication, auto failover and recovery
- Comprehensive HTML administration interfaces
5. What is Apache lucene?
Apache lucene is a full featured, High performance text search engine library which is written in java.
6. What is request handler?
When a user runs a search in solr, the search query is processed by a request handler. It is a solr plugin that defines the logic to be used when solr processes a request.