1. Create a local repository
Locally initialize your code repository and clone from a remote repository.
- Log in to Bluemix.
- Navigate to the toolchain that you created in the previous lab.
- On the Overview page, click the Git icon to open your GitLab project for the application.
- Change the protocol to SSH, and copy the URL to notepad or a text editor. You will need this URL to clone the repository later.Note: You might need to set up the SSH key for the repository.
- From the command prompt, change to your working directory and initialize the repository:
# cd cdc2-lab2
# git init
- Clone the remote Git repository using the
git clonecommand and the URL that you previously copied:
# git clone <remote git URL>You now have the source code locally available to edit and test.
Now that you’ve cloned a remote repository onto your local one, next, you’ll make some changes and push those changes to the remote repository.