1. Create an app and an Object Storage instance in Bluemix
In this section, you create an application and an instance of the Object Storage service in IBM Bluemix.
- Log in to Bluemix.
- Click Catalog. Then, click Cloud Foundry Apps under the Apps category.
- Click SDK for Node.js.
- Give your app a unique name by using alphanumeric characters and click Create.
- Click Connections on the left navigation.
- Click Connect New.
Object Storagein the search bar and click the service.
- Click Create to create a new instance of Object Storage.You might see a confirmation message and then you will be redirected to the Bluemix dashboard.
- From the dashboard, go to the Services section and select your Object Storage instance.
- Click the Select Action menu and select Create Container.
- Provide any name for the container and click Save. You will see the new container listed.
Tip: These are storage containers and not to be confused with Docker containers or the IBM Bluemix Container service runtimes.
- Click the Connections tab for the Object Storage service and then click Create Connection.
- Select the application that you created from the list.
- Confirm the binding of the service to the app by clicking Connect.
- Click Restage to restage the application with the credentials added from the Object Storage service.