4. Create and run a test configuration
A test configuration in Load Impact orchestrates how simulated users will act and behave during a Load Impact test. Here you define testing factors such as how many users will be simulated, how long the test will run, the number of servers used, and which user scenarios will be run during the test.
- Click the Tests icon on the left side. Then, click New Test.
- Select Custom configuration.
- Click the Pencil icon next to the words Test name to to enter a new name.
- Click Add user scenario and select the scenario that you created in the previous section.
You see the proposed load test using the scenario. You can keep the Load zone at the default location.
- Scroll down and note that in the proposed test, the user load will ramp up to 50 users over the span of 5 minutes.
- Click Save changes.
- Begin the load test by clicking Run test.
- As your test runs, view the statistics that are displayed during the test. You will analyze these test results in the next section.