6. Test the application
When testing with the Single Sign On service with the cloud directory, it can be easier to use a different browser security and cookie context (for example in a new private window in Firefox) to simulate the experience of a new user to your application. Or you can also use an entirely different browser.
- Open your application’s URL:
https://<appname>.mybluemix.net. Be sure to use HTTPS.
Note that your customized message is shown in the blue text and that there is a Login button.
- Click Login to see the Single Sign On identity provider login options.
If Single Sign On is configured with multiple identity sources, a simple chooser list is shown. Because the Single Sign On service is configured with only one identity source in this lab, you will go directly into the Cloud Directory sign in page.
- Sign in as the user that you added to the directory previously and click Login.
You will be prompted to change the user password. (This happens by default when you use the Cloud Directory.) Note that requirements for the password are displayed in the form.
- Enter in a new password that meets the requirements and click Change Password.
The application will now display the unique ID returned by the Single Sign On service that combines the authentication realm with the actual user ID. You might see a slightly different message or format.
- Optional: Go back to the original page of the application page by clicking on the Login button, which should immediately take you to the welcome page for the duration of the browser session.
- Optional: If you added the route to support a logout, what happens when you append /logout to the host name in the URL? Afterwards, try clicking the Login button on the application home page again.