9. Setup replication for a sample database
- From the Cloudant dashboard, click the Replication
- Complete the form on the right side of the screen to create a new replication job with the following specifications:
- Replication Source: Remote database
In this tutorial, you want to replicate a database from the Education account to your own personal account, so indicate that the source database is a remote database.
- Database URL:
- For the target database, click New Database > Create a new database locally, and then specify the database name as
Tip: The source and target databases can be within the same account, between two different accounts, or one remote and one local.
- Replication type: One time
Replication can be one time or continuous.
- Just like any document in any other Cloudant database, you can either use the auto-generated document ID, or provide your own. For this tutorial, type
- Click Replicate.
- Enter your password.
- Click Continue.You get the success message: Replication from sourceDb to targetDB has been scheduled.
- Click the Replication tab and look under Replicator DB Activity to verify that replication completed.
- Click the Databases tab, and verify that the foundbite database was created.
- Open one of the documents.