Create the application by using a toolchain
Get started automatically creating a toolchain from an existing GitHub repository.
- Log in to Bluemix to proceed with the rest of this lab so that your browser session is authenticated.
- Navigate to one of the following regions:
- Click Log In.
- Enter your login credentials on the IBM id page, and click Sign in.You will see your dashboard view.
- Click Menu > Services.
- From the Services menu, click DevOps to see the DevOps dashboard.
- Click Create a Toolchain.
- Select the Simple Cloud Foundry toolchain (v2) template.
- Select your organization and enter an appropriate name.
- Scroll down, and click Git Repos and Issues tracking.
- Select Repository Type as Clone and use the following source repository URL:http://github.com/IBM-Bluemix/nodejs-cloudant .
- Leave the repository name as is.
- Click Delivery Pipeline.
- Verify the deployment options: Bluemix region, organization, and space where the application should be deployed.
- Click Create.This action forks the code from the specified source repository, creates a local repository, and creates a delivery pipeline for the application.
When you’re done, you should be able to view the toolchain.
- Click the icon for Delivery Pipeline.Depending on how quickly you do this, you might be able to see the Deploy stage still running. If it is, click View logs and history to follow along with the deployment. Use the browser back button to get back to the stage view.Alternatively, you might see two green bars over both stages to show that they have both completed.
If you see in the Deploy Stage under the JOBS list that the Deploy job has a status of Passed, the application has successfully deployed.
- Click the link below the application name to open the application.