Lab 1 overview
This lab shows you how to create your first Python and Django application on IBM® Bluemix® that consumes Watson services. You’ll need a working knowledge Python programming.
At the end of this lab, you will have an application shell that you can run both inside and outside of the Bluemix platform.
- An IBM Bluemix account
- Cloud Foundry command-line interface
- Python Runtime
- Web browser supported by IBM Bluemix
In addition, you might want to run your applications on your own machine for unit testing. If you want to do that, you need:
- A suitable IDE or Editor, for example, Sublime or Atom
- virtualenv: Helps you manage multiple versions of Python and Django on your machine
- Python, Setuptools, Django: See the Django documentation for setup information.
Where to get the code
For this lab, you can download sample code at https://github.com/watson-developer-cloud/python-primer-companion-code/tree/master/episode-1.