- To get familiar with the IBM Streams Python Application API, you will:
- Learn and apply essential concepts of stream computing
- Get to know the most common IBM Streams operations in the Python API
- Write a fully functional program that monitors patients’ vital signs
- Monitor your applications in the Streams Console and visualize results in the Python notebook
This course includes four labs that introduce core Streams concepts and tasks:
Build a basic Streams application using the Python API. Run and observe it using the Streams Console.
Subscribe your application to a realistic data simulator and use the filter function to identify heart rate data.
Anonymize patient data by transforming the tuples on your stream. Then, compute the moving average of the last 10 heart rate readings.
Visualize your application’s output data with Matplotlib on the Python notebook.