Optional: add social media notifications to your flow
You can easily add other services on Node-RED on Bluemix, such as Twitter, a Cloudant database, or a language translation service. In this section, you’ll add social media notifications through Twitter.
You’ll need a Twitter account.
- In the flow editor under social, drag a twitter out node onto the canvas under the cpu status node so that you can notify others when the CPU temperature exceeds 40° Celsius.
- Click the connecting port of the danger node on the right and connect it to the Tweet (twitter out) node.
- Double-click the Tweet node to edit its information.
- Click the pencil icon to edit and associate the Twitter node with the Twitter account of your choice.
- Click Done and then deploy the Node-RED flow.
Whenever the temperature exceeds 40° Celsius, a tweet is sent. Note that duplicate tweets are filtered by Twitter. Now, your followers can let you know that something is wrong with the temperature in your greenhouse.
- Experiment with your flow by adding other nodes.