Prepare for bringing in live streaming data by adding a test for unexpected data. You split the application into two modules that connect automatically at runtime by using exported streams. Then, you use additional dynamically connected modules from an existing Streams project to connect to the live data source and to display the moving vehicles on a map.
If you successfully completed the previous lab, skip this section and go to Step 1.
If you did not successfully complete the previous lab, you can continue with this lab by importing a Streams project that has been prepared for you and that contains the expected results from Lab 3.
To import the Streams project:
- In the Project Explorer, right-click the current project (MyProject or MyProject1) and select Close Project. This gets it out of the way for builds or name conflicts without deleting any files.
- In the top Eclipse menu, click File > Import.
- In the Import dialog, click IBM Streams Studio > SPL Project. Then, click Next.
- Click Browse. In the file browser, expand My Home, scroll down, expand Labs, and select IntroLab. Click OK.
- Select MyProject2 and click Finish.
This starts a build, but you don’t need to wait until it finishes.
- In the Project Explorer, expand MyProject2 and then my.name.space.
- Double-click MyMainComposite to open it in the graphical editor.
- In the editor palette, right-click Toolkits. In the context menu, clear Show All Toolkits.