This course is for software developers who understand the basics of object-oriented programming. This course is not suitable for those who cannot write code and cannot use the command line on their workstations.
You should understand the basics of:
- At least one or more programming languages, such as Java, Node.js, C#, Python, Ruby, or Go, although no specific language is required to complete this course
- Common data types, such as string, integer, and array
- JSON and REST APIs
- Source code control principles in Git-compatible services
You need an IBM Bluemix account.
You also need the following software. We show you how to install this software:
- Bluemix Command Line interface, Version 0.5.2 or later: It’s recommended that you use the latest release
- A web browser supported by Bluemix
- For the optional but recommended section on working with Eclipse:
- Java SE Development Kit 8: Java SE 8 (JDK). You do not need the JRE
- Eclipse Neon; if you have an earlier version, you can get the Neon release from the Eclipse marketplace by clicking Help > Eclipse marketplace from your Eclipse UI.
- IBM Eclipse tools for Bluemix
- IBM Node.js tools for Eclipse
- Node.js for your operating system