11) Explain what security does Microstrategy provides?
Ans: Microstrategy provides many security options to make sure that data is kept private and confidential. To make easy access and minimum maintenance, Microstrategy desktop synchronize with Windows NT and 2000 security and with Novell directory. Due to that users who have logged into these systems does not have to log on again.
12) Mention what is the difference between Schema object and Public object?
Ans: Schema objects are availed to create Application objects like Attributes, functions & operators, Hierarchies, Tables, etc. While, Public objects are used to create other application objects like Filters, Metrics, Consolidations, etc. Using architect permission schema object can be created while public object can be created by using a schema object only.
13) Explain what is Listeners?
Ans: Listeners allows us to view the result of samplers in the form of trees, graphs, tables or simple text in some log files. They offer visual access to the data collected by JMeter about the test cases as a sampler component of JMeter is executed.
14) Explain how you can resolve attribute roles?
Ans: By creating separate table alias for the same or enabling the automatic attribute role recognition, you can resolve the attribute roles.
15) Mention what does the predictive modeling capabilities does Microstrategy provides?
Ans: Microstrategy can calculate four of the primary data mining functions including network algorithm, regression algorithm, clustering algorithm and tree algorithm.
16) Explain how you can direct the SQL generated to use a specific table?
Ans: We can use alias name of that table and alter the logical size of that alias table dnt then modifies main table and use the alias table.
17) Explain how you can insert and update a record in the database through Microstrategy?
Ans: You can insert and update or even a delete a record by using one of the components of Microstrategy known as an ODBC test tool. You can also alter table specification as per your need.
18) Mention what is the difference between Microstrategy and Cognos?
- Microstrategy is based on single meta-data repository
- Microstrategy can be operated as web based and a desktop tool
- There is no cube data-set for Microstrategy, and we obtain latest data-set from data-warehouse automatically
- Microstrategy reporting is fast
- Cognos has two meta-data repository based database
- It can be used as web-base reporting tools
- Cognos has a cube dataset which needs to be refreshed in order to get current repository values before reporting
- Compare to Microstrategy, Cognos reporting is slow
19) Explain how you can create the intelligent cubes in Microstrategy?
- Intelligent cubes can be made in Microstrategy in the public folder or a particular user folder
- We can make a report and point the report to a cube or right click in a folder and select the cube option to make a new cube
- Once the cube is created, select the report objects which is required and save the cube
- Once the cube is stored and ran to check, one can create multiple reports out of a cube
- You can also add new attributes and metrics, whenever necessary, and those will be readily available when you run the reports next time
20) Explain how you can optimize a report in Microstrategy?
Ans: VLDB properties enable you to customize the SQL that Microstrategy produces, and determine how data is processed by the Analytical engine.