1. What is Prince2?
Prince2 stands for project in controlled environment. It is a process based method which is used for effective project management.
2. Define Project?
A project is a temporary endeavor that is unique with a definite start and an end time with a desired result.
3. What are the key features of prince 2?
The key features are –
- Widely organized and understood
- Can be applied to any project
- Based on management by exception
- Invaluable diagnostic tool
- Consistency and reusability in project work.
Learn Prince2 in 6 hrs. Download e-book now
4. Define Plan?
A plan defines –
- Risks, Resources , Communication
- Scope, Budget, Schedule, Quality
5. What are the levels of plan?
The levels of plan are –
- Project Plan
- Stage Plan
- Team Plan
- Exception Plan
6. What are the planning steps?
The Planning steps are –
- Designing the pal
- Define the products
- Identify Activities and Dependencies
- Prepare Estimates
- Prepare Schedule
- Document plan
- Identify Risks
7. What is the process model of prince2?
The process model includes:-
- Directing a project(DP)
- Starting up a project(SU)
- Initiating a project(IP)
- Controlling a stage(CS)
- Managing a project delivery(MP)
- Managing a stage Boundary(SB)
- Closing a Project(CP)
8. What is directing a project (DP)?
- Support project
- Accept Results
- Provides Management Approval
Download Prince2 Interview questions asked by top MNCs in 2017 ?
9. During which process is the request to approve the next Stage Plan made?
During managing a Stage Boundary process the request to approve the next Stage Plan is made.
10. Which process allows non-PRINCE2 practices to be integrated into a PRINCE2 project environment when creating products?
Managing Product Delivery allows non-PRINCE2 practices to be integrated into a PRINCE2 project environment when creating products.
11. Which role is responsible for producing a Product Status Account?
Project Support responsible for producing a Product Status Account
12. Which role is responsible for drafting the outline Business Case?
Executive is responsible for drafting the outline Business Case.
13. Which role confirms stage and project progress against agreed tolerances?
Project Assurance confirms stage and project progress against agreed tolerances.
14. What are the two types of progress controls provided by PRINCE2?
The two types of progress controls provided by PRINCE2 are –
15. Which process triggers the request to deliver a project?
Initiating a Project process triggers the request to deliver a project.
16. Who is responsible for communicating with stakeholders?
Project Board is responsible for communicating with stakeholders.
17. Which process can be carried out without using PRINCE2?
Managing Product Delivery process can be carried out without using PRINCE2.
18. During which process is a Checkpoint Report produced?
During Managing Product Delivery process Checkpoint Report is produced.
19. Which document contains the planned and actual dates for product approval and hand-over?
Product Checklist document contains the planned and actual dates for product approval and hand-over.
20. Which PRINCE2 theme addresses the ongoing viability of the different project plans?
Progress addresses the ongoing viability of the different project plans.
21. Which role maintains the Quality Register?
Project support maintains the Quality Register.
22. Which role has the responsibility of setting project tolerances?
Corporate or Program management has the responsibility of setting project tolerances.
23. Which role is responsible for defining and verifying user requirements and expectations?
Senior User is responsible for defining and verifying user requirements and expectations.
24. What is the purpose of configuration management?
The purpose of Configuration Management is to track products.
25. Which document defines the acceptance criteria and roles for the project?
Project Product Description document defines the acceptance criteria and roles for the project. This is created in the Starting up a Project process and used during the Closing a Project process to help verify that the project has delivered to expectations.
26. During which Process is the Work Package status reviewed?
During Controlling a Stage process the Work Package status is reviewed.
27. Who is responsible for determining the Change Authority and change budget?
Executive is responsible for determining the Change Authority and change budget.
28. According to PRINCE2 processes, during which particular process is the outline business case prepared?
During Starting up a Project.
29. What is the objective of the Directing a Project process?
The objectives are –
- To ensure there is authority to initiate, deliver and close the project
- To ensure management direction and control are provided throughout the project and that the project remains viable
- Plans for realizing post project benefits are managed and reviewed
30. What is the purpose of the Managing Product Delivery process?
The purpose of the Managing Product Delivery process is to control the link between the Project Manager and the Team manager(s).
31. What is the primary objective of the Quality Review Technique?
The primary objective of the Quality Review Technique is to involve key interested parties in promoting wider acceptance of the product.
32. What is the purpose of a Checkpoint Report?
The purpose of a Checkpoint Report is to updates the project Manager on the status of a Work Package.
33. Who are the primary stakeholders in a PRINCE2 project?
Users, Suppliers and Business Sponsors are the primary stakeholders in a PRINCE2 project.
34. What are the principles of Prince2?
The principles are –
- Manage by stages
- Focus on products
- Manage by exception
- Tailor to suit the project environment
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
35. Define prince2 theme?
Prince2 Theme is as follows:-
- Business case
36. What is the use of Prince2 method?
The PRINCE2 method is used to address project management through the four integrated elements of principles processes, the project environment and themes.
37. What is risk register?
It is a table which is used to contain the risks that may threaten the goal of the project.
38. What is the use of quality register?
Quality register is used to contain the details of all planned quality activities, personnel involved and dates.
39. What is issues register?
It is a set of notes about change requests, complaints, concerns and problems sent by all project members.
40. What is business case?
- Revalidates the project
- Kick start the project
- Owned by the business
41. What are the types of project?
The types are –
- Not for profit
- External Project
- Evolving Requirements
- Multi organization project
42. What are the activities in CP process?
The activities are –
- Prepare planned closure
- Prepare premature closure
- Handover products
- Evaluate projects
- Recommended project closure
43. What are the prince2 deliverables?
The prince2 deliverables are –
- Business case
- End of stage report
- Project plan
- Issue Log
- Work package
- Risk management plan
44. What are the planning approaches?
The planning approaches are –
- Work based Planning
- Deliverable / Product planning.
45. What are the activities in DP process?
The activities are –
- Authorize project closure
- Authorize a stage or Exception plan
- Authorize Initiation
- Give ad – hoc support
- Authorize the project
46. What are the activities in SU process?
The activities are –
- Appoint the executive and project manager
- Prepare business case outline
- Select project approach
- Plan Initiation stage
47. What are the risk strategies?
The risk strategies are –
- Risk tolerance
- Risk Appetite
- Ongoing Activity
- Avoid, Seek, Neutral
48. In which process is the justification of the project examined and the Project Plan created?
In initiating a Project the justification of the project is examined and the project plan is created.
49. Who authorizes project initiation?
Project Board authorizes project initiation.
50. Why did you choose PMP Certification?
It demonstrates your knowledge and dedication to constantly and successfully be a project manager. It’s worth probing the skills of applicants. Find out the last project they handled with creative thinking.