What is BAPI in SAP?
BAPI is a Business Application Programming which provides access to processes and data in business application systems such as R/3. BAPIs are defined as API methods of SAP business object types. Business object types and their BAPIs are described and stored in the Business Object Repository (BOR). A BAPI is implemented as a function module, that is stored and described in the Function Builder.
BAPIs are defined as API methods of SAP Business Object Types. These object types are used within the Business Framework to enable object-based communication between components. Business objects and their BAPIs enable object orientation to be used in central information processing in companies.
Explain the steps to create a BAPI?
1.Creating a structure in SE11
2.Creating the function module in SE37
3.Creating the business object in SWO1
4.Viewing the created BAPI in BAPI Explorer
5.Test the BAPI.(BAPI tcode)
What are the uses of BAPI?
Using BAPI,we can connect :
New R/3 components.
Isolating components within the R/3 System .
Connecting R/3 Systems to the Internet.
What is the difference between BAPI and RFC?
BAPI is a RFC enabled function module and we create business objects and registered in the BOR (Business Object Repository) which can be accessed outside the SAP system by using other applications (Non-SAP) Languages such as VB or JAVA. That time we only define the business object and its methods from external system.
Communication between applications of different systems in the SAP environment including connections between SAP systems as well as between SAP systems and non-SAP systems. Remote Function Call (RFC) is the standard SAP interface for communication between SAP systems. The RFC calls a function to be executed in a remote system.
What are the types of RFCs
Transactional RFC (tRFC)
Queued RFC (qRFC)
What are RFC interfaces?
A calling interface for ABAP Programs
A calling interface for Non-SAP programs.
How do you call the RFC FM in the ABAP program?
CALL FUNCTION…DESTINATION statement. The DESTINATION parameter tells the SAP System that the called function runs in a system other than the callers.
What are the functions of RFC?
Converting all parameter data to the representation needed in the remote system
Calling the communication routines needed to talk to the remote system.
Handling communications errors, and notifying the caller, if desired ( using EXCEPTIONS parameter of the CALL FUNCTION).
Convert the data into the format understandable by the remote (target) system.
Call up certain routines which are necessary to start communication with the remote system.
Handle errors that might occur in the process of communication.
RFC can handle errors itself.
every BAPI is a RFc whereas every RFC is not a BAPI.
RFC’s are not registered in the BOR.
What are the main characteristics of BAPI?
Support of synchronous and asynchronous communication.
Support of machine-to-machine and human-to-machine communication.
Communication support for components that are narrowly linked and coupled through the Internet.
What is the Business Objects type in SAP?
A business object type is the representation of a business object, like an human work force or a Invoice, in an SAP System. It encompasses both the functions and the data into single object.
What are the advantages of Business Objects type in SAP?
We can reduce the complexity of Systems structure by dividing the complex structures into smaller units.
What is the Business Object Repository?
The Business Object Repository (BOR) is root access point for the SAP business object types and their BAPIs. The BOR was developed for SAP Business Workflow.
What are the uses of Business Object Repository?
Allows an object-oriented view of all data and processes in an SAP System.
Arranging the various business object types according to the component hierarchy.
It ensures BAPI interface stability.
It manages BAPIs in release updates.
It creates instances of SAP business objects.
You may be interested in
- SAP Interview Questions
- OOPS ABAP Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Enhancement Interview Questions
- OOPS ABAP Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP ABAP ALV REPORTS Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP – ALE IDOC Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP DATA Dictionary Interview Questions
- Sap Abap HR Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced
- SAP ABAP Module Pool Programming Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP REPORTS Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Smartforms Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP TECHNICAL Interview Questions
- ABAP Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP ABAP Interview Questions
- SAP BASIS Interview Questions
- SAP BASIS Interview Questions and Answers For Experienced
- ABAP Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP WORKFLOW Interview Questions
- SAP Web Dynpro Interview Questions
- SAP Web Dynpro ABAP Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP TESTING Interview Question
- Sap Solution Manager Interview Questions
- SAP OOPS ABAP Interview Questions
- SAP MDM Interview Questions
- SAP MDG Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP MDG Interview Questions
- SAP FSCM Interview questions and answers
- SAP Fiori Interview Questions
- SAP EP Interview Questions
- SAP Enterprise Portal (EP) Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP BW on HANA Interview Questions
- SAP BW Interview Questions
- Sap BPC Interview Questions
- SAP XI/PI Interview Questions
- SAP PI Interview Questions
- Sap Adobe Forms Interview Questions