SAP Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) allows your organization to improve its financial and operational performance management. SAP EPM supports various functionalities with SAP Business Planning and Consolidation BPC-NW or BPC-MS like financial consolidation, financial information management, supply chain performance management, strategy management, and many other areas.
Embedded model is different from Standard model and includes data access to all community users. For Embedded design model, initial versions used were SAP BW Integrated Planning and Planning Application Kit i.e. BW-IP and PAK.
In Standard model, BPC environment contains the BPC applications or models and each model generates a BW InfoCube which is hidden.
Star Schema for Exceptional Reporting − SAP BPC uses NW InfoCubes to store the data. The dimension model used is extended Star Schema so it makes BPC with NW system an exceptional system for reporting.
No Database Dependence Version − BPC NW version is not dependent on database version and can run common databases like DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
BW Accelerator Support − SAP NetWeaver BW accelerator tool is an additional feature that can be used to enhance the performance of reporting in the system even if you are using large datasets. It indirectly helps in saving the cost for a company as less number of report performance issues are reported.
BAdI Development and ABAP Support − SAP BPC with NetWeaver allows you to use ABAP programming to develop K2 script logic. It enables to create business add-in BAdi interface in the back-end system, which can be called later from script logic developed in BPC system. It helps in solving the complex business requirements and reducing the development time for an organization.
Dimension Logic − This can be configured in BPC system using simple mathematical formulas.
Business Rules − This allows you to create rules in BPC system to perform specific functions.
K2 Script Logic − This is used to perform some specific functions which can’t be achieved using out-of-box functionality to meet the business requirements. You can create K2 script logics to perform certain functions, which can be performed in a standard system.
Requirement − SAP NetWeaver ABAP 7.3 or 7.31
Database − Any of the above version of SAP NetWeaver support.
Operating System − Any supported version of SAP NetWeaver system and database engine.
- Using Default Templates
- EvDRE Builder
- Drag and Drop Interface
- Blank workbook
To meet the Business Planning and Consolidation requirement of an organization, you need to build a model in an environment, which is defined as a collection of several dimensions.
Logic Scripts is defined as a set of SQL or MDX programming structure to perform some customized functions for flexibility and manage data models. When some specific requirements are not achieved using business rules, those can be met by the use of Logic Scripts.
To define member dimension formula, you have to put a Square bracket around the dimension and there is dot between two.
[PRODUCT].[PRODUCT1] – [PRODUCT].[PRODUCT2]
[SALES].[SALES1] / [SALES].[SALES2]
Standard Arithmetic functions have to be used in dimension formula – addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), division (/) – are used in SAP NetWeaver.
R_Acct (A) is used for maintaining different types of Rate.
- Standard Model
- Embedded Model
- SAP BPC NetWeaver
- BPC MS
Enter the name of dimension and description. Click ‘Copy’ button.
Transformation file provides the mapping of fields from BW to BPC and is an excel file in BPC. It contains transaction data from InfoObjects in BW with BPC dimensions defined in the administration console.
There are three sections defined for mapping file −
- Options − Contains the general settings.
- Mapping − Used to assign dimension in BPC system with a source column in BW InfoObject.
- Conversion − Contains the link of other Excel sheets to apply the conversion routine.
A conversion file is used to apply the conversion rules for BPC dimension and is an Excel file. It contains three sections −
- External − Contains the value from external source.
- Internal − Contains the value it should be having for BPC dimension.
- Formula − Defines the conversion formula applied to each record.
This layer is responsible to store all the data in database. SAP NW back-end system is responsible to create objects and data stored for BPC system. NetWeaver supports most of the databases like SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, and many more.
|Subtotals by Account||This custom report contains Account dimension with subtotals in rows and any dimension across in columns.|
|Variance||This custom report contains any dimension in rows and categories comparison in columns. It also features Variances calculation (both amount and percentage). With both YTD and Periodic boxes.|
|Consolidating||This custom report contains any dimension in rows and Entity type members across in columns with hierarchy.|
|Comparative X||This custom report contains any dimension in rows and categories comparison in columns and also retrieves the Last Year same period data. With both YTD and Periodic boxes.|
|Comparison with 3 -year||Year over Year comparison.|
|Drill in Place||This template performs drill in place.|
|Nested||This allows any two dimension to be nested in a row and a third dimension in column.|
|Sort on value||This template performs the sort on total value.|
|Drill Dimension||This allows to use drill in one dimension to other.|
Go to EPM Ribbon → More → EvDRE Migration.
C_Acct (A) − For maintaining charts of account.
C_Category (C) − To define category.
Groups (R) − Like GROUP A (USD), GROUP B (EUR), and GROUP C (RMB).
Entity (E) − It contains the business unit used to derive process.
C_Datasrc (D) − Data Source Dimension.
IntCo (I) − It determines the level of the entity hierarchy at which level the elimination needs to be performed.
Time (T) − Time in all dimensions.
Flow (S) − To keep track of movements in Consolidation.
- There should be a Rate application where you store the exchange rates.
- You should have an account dimension, which includes RATETYPE.
- Entity dimension should include a property CURRENCY.
- FXTRANS logic should be available and DEFAULT logic should include a call to FXTRANS logic.
- Entity dimension should include the property TRANSALATE_TO.
- There should be a Rate application where you store the exchange rates.
- Application should contain a CURRENCY type dimension.
- There should be property REPORTING for the CURRENCY dimension.
- Entity dimension must include the property CURRENCY.
- Account dimension must include property RATETYPE.
- FXTRANS logic should be available.
- DEFAULT logic should include a call to FXTRANS logic.
You may be interested in
- SAP Interview Questions
- OOPS ABAP Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Enhancement Interview Questions
- OOPS ABAP Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP ABAP ALV REPORTS Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP – ALE IDOC Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP DATA Dictionary Interview Questions
- Sap Abap HR Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced
- SAP ABAP Module Pool Programming Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP REPORTS Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Smartforms Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP TECHNICAL Interview Questions
- SAP BAPI Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Interview Questions
- SAP BASIS Interview Questions
- SAP BASIS Interview Questions and Answers For Experienced
- ABAP Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP WORKFLOW Interview Questions
- SAP Web Dynpro Interview Questions
- SAP Web Dynpro ABAP Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP TESTING Interview Question
- Sap Solution Manager Interview Questions
- SAP OOPS ABAP Interview Questions
- SAP MDM Interview Questions
- SAP MDG Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP MDG Interview Questions
- SAP FSCM Interview questions and answers
- SAP Fiori Interview Questions
- SAP EP Interview Questions
- SAP Enterprise Portal (EP) Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP BW on HANA Interview Questions
- SAP BW Interview Questions
- SAP XI/PI Interview Questions
- SAP PI Interview Questions
- Sap Adobe Forms Interview Questions