- How do you define Teradata? Give some of the primary characteristics of the same.
Ans: Teradata is basically an RDMS which is used to drive the Datamart, Datawarehouse, OLAP, OLTP, as well as DSS Appliances of the company. Some of the primary characteristics of Teradata are given below.
- Is capable of running on Single-nodes, as well as multi-nodes.
- Parallelism is built into the system.
- Very much compatible with the standards of ANSI.
- Tends to act in the same way as a server.
- It is an Open System that basically executes for UNIX MR-RAS, Suse Linux ETC, WIN2K, etc.
- What are the newly developed features of Teradata?
Ans: Some of the newly developed features of Teradata are: –
- Automated temporal analytics
- Extension in the compression capabilities which allows flexible compression of data about 20 times more data than the previous version.
- Customer associated innovation like tetradata viewpoint.
- Highlight a few of the important components of Teradata.
Ans: Some of the important components of Teradata are: –
- Access Module Processor (AMP)
- Parsing Engine (PE)
- Virtual Disk (vDisk)
- Virtual Storage System (VSS)
- Mention the procedure via which, we can run Teradata jobs in a UNIX environment?
- All you have to do is perform execution in UNIX in the way as mentioned below.
- $Sh > BTEQ < [Script Path] > [Logfile Path]
$Sh > BTEQ < [Script Path] TEE [Logfile Path]
- In Teradata, how do we Generate Sequence?
Ans: In Teradata, we Generate Sequence by making use of Identity Column